Friday, September 4, 2009

Marc Jacobs Lola

This fall, Marc Jacobs has released a follow up scent to the very popular Daisy. Daisy has been dominating the market ever since it was released and has come out in almost every single form possible. However, Marc Jacobs had to release another fragrance at some point soon and one that was similar to Daisy is quite a no brainer. Lola is new for this fall and I have been interested in it ever since I saw a picture of the bottle in an issue of Glamour at least two months ago. Finally, I have found it on the Sephora site and can get my hands on a bottle of it. My initial prediction is that this fragrance will become a top seller whatever it smells like. Jacobs will be able to capitalize on the fame of Daisy with this fragrance. Let's see if it can live up to Daisy...

This fragrance falls into the category of floral. The description of the product is right here, "Lola is Daisy's older sister. This warm floral bouquet conveys the free spirit of today's sexy, modern girl - she is playful, cool, and flirtatious. The long-lasting, day-and-night scent opens with pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby red grapefruit. Blooming midnotes of rose, fuschia peony, and geranium make a feminine statement. Layers of vanilla, warm tonka bean, and creamy musk create a sensous drydown. The bottle's exquisite, multi-layered cap is a bursting bouquet with bright modern colors that pop against a matte black background and rope-inspired, gold metallic neck. The silhouette is inspired by Marc's fashion collection".

I am undecided about the bottle. At first glance, I loved it but sometimes after looking at it for some time, I think that it is cheap and tacky looking. That is honestly that exact same feeling that I have about the Daisy bottle but this is more pronounced. I would really like to try this fragrance out since I don't own very many rose fragrance that are considered to be on the warmer side. Most of my rose fragrances seem to fall under the light and fresh side so I do get excited about a rose fragrance that would take me into the cooler months and is more on the deeper side.

I think this fragrance will be coming home with me on my next trip to the mall.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: