Saturday, September 19, 2009

Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder

The last time that I talked about a Too Faced face product, I was raving about how the company finally introduced a matte bronzer into the makeup industry and how much I was in love with the product and the whole concept. For fall, the company has released a face product that is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. The product that I am talking about is the brand new Candlelight Powder, which is meant to give an illuminated, "lit from within" glow. Sephora considers this product to be a "multi-tasking translucent powder infused with illuminating gold powder".

"Inspired by actual candlelight, this product is formulated to set make-up while imparting a soft-focused glow. For all its immediate, "glowing" results, it's also packed with a powerful dose of skin saving anti-oxidants that protect and soothe tired skin as the golden-peachy tone warms and illuminates any complexion - reducing the appearence of fine lines and imperfections".

Here are the active ingredients...

Pure Gold - Has been praised for its reported ability to tighten skin and reduce the appearence of imperfections.

Vitamin C - A required component to help generate healthier collagen production. Delivers a more supple, firmer, and brighter complexion.

Aloe Vera Extract - Provides excellent soothing and calming effects to the skin, while aiding in the restoration of proper moisture levels.

Pomegranate Extract - This famed, antioxidant promotes smooth, radiant skin.

Chamomile - Instantly calms, soothes, and banishes irritation for sensitive skin as natural antioxidants heal and protect.

I am fascinated with this product. I am not totally sure if the golden tone of this powder will work for my skintone but I hope that it does. I love the anti-oxidant protection that this product provides and I have been interested in the effects of pure gold on the skin ever since Stila first used it in there Summer collection. I am thinking that this product would be a great highlighter for the winter months when my skin gets dry and grey. It might also complement a tan in the warmer months without the use of a bronzer. I am going to try it out in both times of the year.
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: