Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods

The next movie in the Twilight series, entitled New Moon, will be coming into theaters within the next few days. For many of us, this means a huge continuation of the Twilight hype. Even the beauty industry is not immune to hyping popular movies and hoping that both teenage girls and ladies everywhere will purchase the products just because the name or image reminds them of this series of books. Now, I cannot say for sure that the new Bath and Body Works scents, Twilight Woods, is named after the series or is just trying to pick up some of the hype surrounding the movies. However, it is quite a concidence that this fragrance came out right in the very beginning of the month that New Moon is scheduled to be released. I am putting this fragrance under the category of clever marketing ploy...

Let's look at this scent a little closer. Regardless of the marketing ploy, this is a new scent that Bath and Body Works is releasing in their Signature Collection for the Holiday shopping season and is sure to be one that they are banking on being a hit. This fragrance is available in both body products and home fragrance and appeals to me more as a home fragrance item since it appears to be on the woodier and spicer side of the fragrance families.

Here is the fragrance description from the Bath and Body Works website, "Master perfumers have blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress to create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods." The top notes are - Juicy Berry, Sparkling Mandarin, hint of Coconut. The middle notes are - Creamy Frangipani, Soft Mimosa, Wet Honeysuckle, Wild Freesia, Apricot Nectar. The base notes are Oud Wood, Skin Musk Captive, Vanilla Milk, Warm Woods.

I thought that I would hate this, but to my shock and awe, I liked it from the moment that I put it on in the store and grew to love it more as the day wore on. The fragrance is much more oriental and floral than I originally assumed that it would be and grew softer and creamier as the vanilla notes came out with further wear.

This fragrance comes in all of the usual Bath and Body Works products but also is availabe in two new limited edition items. The first is the Shower Mousse, a creamy foam infused with jojoba oil to use in the shower and promises to not overdry the skin during cold winter weather. The second is the Silk Radiance Body lotion, which is hopefully a re-release of their old Silk Body Lotion that I loved in years past. However, based on the description, I can see that it has next to nothing in common with the old lotion, since it delivers shimmer and contains shea butter, Vitamin E, and Aloe instead of silk proteins. With the exception of the shimmer, I imagine that I would like this product.

I haven't gotten a chance to pick up anything from this collection yet becuase the last time that I was in Bath and Body Works, I restrained myself and kept all of my shopping to gift buying only. Next time, I wouldn't be quite so restrained...the shower mousse and other body products are coming home with me. Amusingly, I actually didn't love the home fragrance in this scent because I thought that it was much woodier and stronger than the body products.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: