Sunday, November 29, 2009

Essie Holiday 2009 Collection

I feel that it has been ages since I have talked about nail polish on this blog and I need a bit of a break from all the festive Holiday makeup for a day. This collection is quite small and actually only consists of three new shades. However, all three shades are very crave-worthy so I will not blow of this collection because of its small size.

The first shade is called Lollipop. This color is a bright candy cane red and it is most Holiday like of the three shades. This one is actually my least favorite of the collection but I don't hate it, I just find it very generic and the usual Holiday nail polish shade offering.

The second shade from the collection is that one that was love at first sight for myself. It is called Mint Candy Apple and it is described as "creme de menthe mint". In reality, it is a very pale yet beautiful shade of mint green. This shade is very unique and is love in a bottle for me.

The last shade is called Rock Candy and it is my second favorite shade of the three. It is a pale pink that is described as "sweet treat pink". I find it to be a pale pink with a hint of violet in it, it is cool toned.

Love the Mint Candy Apple shade to pieces. I also like the other two shades and wouldn't mind having either of them but I have my heart set on the mint shade. Which I bet will sell out the fastest because of how unique it is.

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: