Monday, November 30, 2009

Bath and Body Works Holiday Temptations

Yay! Bath and Body Works has finally made a smart move and brought some of their Temptations fragrances back, even if only for a limited time this Holiday season. Twisted Peppermint returns with this collection, which is a very smart move for the company. Honestly, many people would riot if Twisted Peppermint wasn't available every single year at the same time. This year, in additon to Twisted Peppermint, Bath and Body Works released four fragrances in this limited edition collection.

The first fragrance is Twisted Peppermint. For those of you who are living under a rock and don't already know all about this fragrance, I will go into a quick description of the fragrance. Bath and Body Works describes this fragrance as "a crisp holiday blend of cool peppermint, white sugar, and vanilla". I have loved this fragrance ever since it was first released in 2006 and already have a quite a collection of it in my product bins.

The second fragrance is called I Love Licorice and is described as a "sweet and satisfying scent of highly addictive red licorice. This scent is very similar to one from Dylan's Candy Bar and is one that I am glad that Bath and Body Works is releasing. They do very well when making their candy-type scents and this one if no exception.

The third fragrance is called Nutcracker Sweet and this was my least favorite of the bunch. This fragrance is described as "a fresh, nutty blend that captures the festive scents of the Holidays". This was just a bland sweet scent with a funky base fragrance. I will have to say that this a more unique fragrance in the Temptations line but one that I am not partial to.

The last fragrance is Spiced Gingersnap and is one that smells nice in the bottle but turns funky on my skin. This one is described as "a delicious blend of warm ginger, white icing, and rich spices". This one wasn't for me in that I don't love spicy fragrances after I apply them and can't stand them for any long period of time.

Bath and Body Works has changed around the fragrance forms that this collection is offered. They still offer the traditional 3 in 1, I doubt that will ever change. However, for this year, they have released a body lotion, a shapable soap that more resembles a child's product than one made for an adult, and a body spray loaded with shimmer. I wish they would get over loading up the products with shimmer, it really makes them look cheap and I know that I am not alone in not wanting to purchase anything with glitter in it even I do like the actual fragrance.

I am not really excited about what is offered this year in this line. I like the Licorice fragrance and while I will always adore Twisted Peppermint, I don't need to purchase any of it this year. Maybe I will wait for Semi - Annual Sale and see if there is anything left after the Christmas rush.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: