Friday, November 6, 2009

Prescriptives Holiday 2009 Collection - Lustre

This is most likely that last major collection that Prescriptives will be offering since their parent company is said to be stopping distribution of their products this coming January. About two months ago, I wouldn't have cared at all but since looking at their Fall 2009 Collection, I became interested in the brand and went to the counter for the first time. And I promptly fell in love with several items and ended up walking away with almost $100 worth of new makeup. Am I happy that I decided to finally try this brand? Yes. Am I unhappy that I will not be able to get this brand much longer? Oh yeah.

The company is releasing this last Holiday Collection, called Lustre, and I am happy to note that they are planning on going out with a bang. There was no sadness at the counter that I visited, actually their sales associate was superexcited for me to look at everything that they had. Here is the description of the last major collection, "This season, Lustre adds a touch of gold to your holidays. Eyes dazzle in luxurious shimmering color, while cheeks and lips glimmer in luminous, gold accented shades. the look in glamourous, elegant, and simply radiant."

Let's have a look...

Lustre Baked Eye Color Quad Warm - Eyes shimmer in lustrous color with four high-pigment pearlized shades from the limited-edition Lustre Baked Eye Color Quad in a Warm palette. Each eye shade is "baked" on a terracotta plate for a creamier texture and pure pearl finish. Wear each shade alone or blend together for a multi-dimensional jewel-toned eye look.
- Golden White/Goldshimmer/Copper/Bronze

Lustre Baked Eye Color Quad Cool - Eyes shimmer in lustrous color with four high-pigment pearlized shades from the limited-edition Luster Baked Eye Color Quad in a Cool palette. Each eye shade is "baked" on a terracotta plate for a creamier texture and pure pearl finish. Wear each shade alone or blend together for a multi-dimensional jewel-toned eye look.
- Pink Pearl/Metallic/Rose Gold/Spiced

Lustre Shimmer Cheek Color - Limited-edition Lustre Shimmer Cheek Color gives skin a luminous, subtle shimmer and a sheer hint of color with soft golden highlights. Infused with Vitamin E.
- Warm Lustre - shimmery sand
- Cool Lustre - golden plum

Liquid Powder - Bestselling magic Liquid Powder is now available in a limited-edition Rose Gold shade! This ultra-lucent, cooling powder adds radiance and soft-shimmer effects all over the face. Sets and enhances foundation while light-diffusing pigments add luminosity for flawless-looking skin.
- Rose Gold - pinkish gold shimmer

Colorscope Lip Color - Drench your lips in brillant color and leave them looking luscious all day. The moisture-rich formula of Colorscope Lip Color delivers extraordinary shine and comfort for your lips you'll love at first sight. Lips are soft and moisturized, plus, you can customize your look with a cream, shimmer, or sparkle finish.
- Bronze Lustre - soft pink copper (shimmer)
- Berry Lustre - raspberry shimmer (shimmer)

Moonbeam Reflective Gloss - Take lips to a whole new dimension of chic with Moonbeam Reflective Gloss. This revolutionary gloss utilizes new pigment technology that actually enhances light's reflective qualities, creating a super shiny shimmering lip look without feeling sticky or tacky. Moisturizing properties condition, soothe, and help heal dry, chapped lips.
- Rose Gold - golden rose
- Ruby - ruby

Moonbeam Reflective Eye Liner - The amazing, light-reflective shimmer of Moonbeam Reflective Lip Gloss and Moonbeam Reflective Eye Color is now in an Eye Pencil. This new technology looks and feels different from other eye pencils, as light-reflecting pearls add a new dimension of shimmer. Moonbeam Reflective Eye Liner and can both line and shade the eye for a beautiful effect.
- Beaming Brown - bronze
- Beaming Black - deep pewter black

Why did I have to get hooked on this line now?! This collection is awesome, I looked at every piece of it when I visited the counter. I haven't picked anything up yet since I had an agenda when I was there and I actually managed to stick to my list (for the most part). I will be going back for the Luster Eye Quad in Cool, the sales associate had it on and it is stunning. I also want the Liquid Powder in the new shade. I already love the Moonbeam Gloss and the Rose Gold shade is quite pretty, so that is being added to my shopping list. I only briefly looked at the Moonbeam Liners, not realizing that they were anything other than regular eye liners, I must go back and check those out and see the reflective qualities that they possess.

photo courtesy of Prescriptives

No comments: