Thursday, December 31, 2009

5 Favorite Bath and Body Works Fragrances

The Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual sale has started this week so I thought that this was a great time to look at my five favorite fragrances from this company. This time of the year they bring out many of their discontinued body product fragrances and since I prefer many of the older ones, this is the time that I go there to stock up.

Here are my five favorite Bath and Body Works fragrances...

Exotic Coconut - "Toasted coconut folded into sweet cream. At once, both fresh and sensuous". This is one of the best coconut fragrances that I have every smelled, anyone would like this fragrance because it is subtly coconut and more on the toasty and cream side. I love this fragrance in both the body products and the EDT form. This one is part of the Classics line and therefore now (during the sale) is the time to get it.

Blushing Cherry Blossom - "Fresh floral fragrance as joyful and uplifting as first love". This fragrance is very floral and contains rose, jasmine, and violet as the key notes. This fragrance is light enough to not power anyone with the floral notes and is perfect for that first warm day in the springtime. This fragrance I own in both the body products, the home fragrance products, and the EDT. This fragrance is available all of the time during the year so it can be purchased anytime.

Cool Citrus Basil - "Basil kissed by a hint of sun and citrus". This is one of the really old fragrances and I have been using the body products in this fragrance since I was in high school. This fragrance is really light and can be used by either gender or by someone with a sensitivity to most fragrances. I'm not always a big fan of citrus products but this one really works for me. I have this fragrance in the body products and this is another one that is available only during the sales.

Coconut Lime Verbena - "Inspired by an island breeze of luscious fruits and crisp citrus". Always a favorite of mine. This one is a great coconut and a great citrus fragrance combined. It is soft and sensual and always a crowd pleaser. I have this one in the body products and all of home fragrance products. This one is available all the time however there have been rumored that it will be discontinued at some point soon.

Cotton Blossom - "Inspired by the scent of pure cotton linen blowing in the breeze, this fragrance is clean, fresh, and powdery soft". This is another fragrance that is very light and always gets me compliments when I wear it. This fragrance has soft notes of florals and greens and therefore, is very versatile. I have this fragrance only in the body products. This one is also a Classic fragrance though the newer Sea Island Cotton fragrance that is available all year round is very close to this one, so it can substitute in any situation.

Hope these fragrances have given you all some ideas of what to look for at the Sale this year. I would go out and get the Classic fragrances before they are sold out because each store gets in a limited amount of them only in the first week or two of the month.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: