Monday, December 7, 2009

O.P.I. Holiday 2009 Collection - Holiday Wishes

O.P.I.'s newest collection for this season is called Holiday Wishes. Lately, I have been obsessed with nail polish and am changing my shades on a near daily basis. I don't quite know where this sprang out of expect maybe the resurgence in popularity of unnatural colors that I ended up adoring. So I have been pretty excited about many of the new nail polish collections that have been popping up. The O.P.I. website gives the following as the collection description, "For Holiday 2009, O.P.I. sends it best with Holiday Wishes - 12 stunning Nail Lacquer shades including six wish-upon-a-star reds and six most-wished-for dark and neutral tones".


Here are the new shades...

- Holiday Glow - shimmering dark burgundy
- Dear Santa - shimmering true red
- Smitten With Mittens - creamy true red
- Comet Loves Cupid - shimmering berry
- Ginger Bells - creamy nude
- Shim-merry Chic - shimmering taupe
- All A-Bordeaux the Sled - creamy bordeaux
- Sapphire in the Snow - creamy deep purple
- Merry Midnight - shimmering deep berry
- Glove You So Much - creamy deep rose
- Meet and Jingle - creamy true red (a bit lighter than Smitten With Mittens)
- Crimson Carol - shimmering true red (a hue deeper than Dear Santa)

The O.P.I. website did not have color descriptions so the above descriptions were myself trying to see the different shades and how they compared to each other. I know that O.P.I. is a slightly more conservative brand than many others out there but I did find this collection to be somewhat of a let down especially after many other lines have released. REally, I don't want much of anything from this collection so I shall be passing on the whole line.

photo coutesy of Amazon.com

No comments: