Thursday, December 17, 2009

Murad Essential C Night Moisture

Now that it will be winter in two weeks, I have had to up my skincare routine and try to find products that contain both powerful anti-oxidant protection and still are very hydrating since my skin is getting so dry that I think it might crack off my face if I ignore it for a day. With the craziness of the holidays in full swing right now, I wasn't able to get to Sephora right when I needed to so I had to rely on going through my bins of products and hope that something would jump out at me. And thankfully, it did.

I found a tube of Murad Essential C Night Moisture in one of bins. This product was given to me by a Murad rep at least a few months ago when I was at Bath and Body Works and she was helping me pick skincare out and having a discussion on the anti-oxidant protection that is available in all Murad skincare products. This product is more geared for older skin as it both protects from visible signs of aging and helps to correct the ones that are already present. This product is the night moisturizer in the best-selling Essential C line of products from Murad. This whole line is based on Vitamin C and the benefits that it provides to the skin. I have used many other Murad products with great results so I was very happy when I found this forgotten gem in my collection.

Murad states that this product "Encourages healthy cell renewal to reveal younger looking skin overnight". It has two primary benefits. The first is that it reduces morning creases and the second is that it neutralizes toxins and fights free radicals. I have two more benefits to it in addition. The first is that it hydrates my skin very well and the second is that it hydrates without a greasy feel and I have yet to break out from this product. Also the smell reminds me of a citrus fruit but it is light and while it might bother certain people, I feel that it adds to the allure of the product. I do use this product both morning and night even though it is without an SPF and therefore should only be used as a night cream. I have found that during the colder months, I need a separate moisturizer and then a layer of sunscreen to help protect my skin, so overall it works for me to use this night product during the day. And as an added bonus, since the product is not greasy, I can easily wear it during the day.

Overall, I am very happy that the Murad rep gave me this product and I would recommend it to anyone with dry to normal skin for use day or night. This product makes me want others from this same collection, especially the matching cleanser.

photo courtesy of Murad

No comments: