Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Prescriptives Colorprint Service and Flawless Skin Foundation

It has been out in the open for several months now that Estee Lauder will be pulling the Prescriptives totally out of stores by the very end of January 2010. They decided to go out with a bang with the introduction of the Lustre Holiday collection and it has been announced that the company plans to continue its website and sell makeup solely through that channel. What this means is that anyone who hasn't tried products from this line yet so get themselves to a counter and learn all about the products and services that they offer. The product that this company is the most famous for it is foundation and it is worth a trip to the mall to receive custom blending service and to find a great foundation match.

This system is called Colorprint and works to determine the undertones of your skin and what shade will work the best for your individual skin tone. I went about a month ago to the nearest counter and asked for this service and expressed my wish to purchase foundation. The first action that the sales associate took was to draw lines of color on my cheeks to determine what my undertones are. I have cool undertones in my skin so I fell into the "Blue/Red" category of shades. All of the makeup from this company is grouped by undertone color, so (in theory) any shade within the "Blue/Red" category should be flattering. The sales associate then asked me to describe what I wanted in a foundation. I told her that I wanted a liquid foundation, medium to full coverage, for normal to dry skin.

The product that she suggested and used on me is the Flawless Skin Total Protection Makeup SPF 15. "It takes beauty and benefit to create flawless skin, and Flawless Skin Total Protection Makeup SPF 15. This groundbreaking formula with Pro-X Cell Complex, works to protect against sun damage and external assaults, while simultaneously diffusing imperfections. Achieves a flawless finish while working "undercover" to provide your skin with superior skincare protection and boosts skin's own internal defenses against damaging environmental assaults. Daily use improves skin's ability to repair itself and guard against UVA and UVB damage. The result is healthy, beautiful skin - inside and out. This lightweight, long-wearing foundation provides natural-looking medium to full coverage for all skin types. Oil-free."

I bought a full sized bottle of this foundation in the palest shade for with "Blue/Red", which is Rose 23 B/R. I have been using it for about three weeks and am pleased so far. The foundation is indeed long-wearing and while it isn't up to the standard of Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, it is mostly still in place at the end of day. The shade match is impeccable and I feel that it is worth it for anyone to try the Colorprint service and find their perfect shade of foundation.

I wish that Prescriptives wasn't being pulled from counters but I do take some solace in the fact that I can still order it through the website. Over the next few weeks, I am going to write on every Prescriptives products that I own so if anyone wants to try them out, they will have some time until the counters are pulled at the very end of January.

photo courtesy of Prescriptives

No comments: