Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Body Shop Holiday 2009 Fragrances

I feel like I haven't looked at products from The Body Shop in forever, which is odd considering that I find their quality to be far superior to that of Bath and Body Works for most of the products they sell. Maybe Bath and Body Works just tends to hit the public over the head more with their marketing and the promotional items that I always tend to get in the mail. Anyway, Body Shop has also released fragrances for this Holiday, all of which are limited edition also.

The first scent is called Merry Cranberry and since I hate cranberry fragrances, I already know that this one is not for me. The website describes this fragrance as being on the sweeter side and very fruity. Also, they state that cranberry seed oil is very hydrating and will help to improve the condition of dry winter skin. This fragrance comes mostly in different forms of moisturizers.

The second fragrance is called Black Velvet Apricot and is the one that I find the most interesting of the fragrances. Very few companies release any type of apricot fragrance and the ones are usually released are some form of apricots and cream and smell more like sweet candy than the actual fruit. This one smells of plum and apricot, making this fragrance true to fruit scent of the apricot. The plum is more of a base and makes the fragrance appropriate for the winter. This fragrance I believe is released in both moisturizers and a scrub that is in a tube. This is my favorite of the group.

The last fragrance is more on the spicy side than the two previous. This one is called Nutmeg and Vanilla. This one is my choice for smelling the most like typical "Holiday" fragrances and is my second choice of the fragrances. This fragrance is much spicier and stronger than the other two fragrances. This one that I know that I will like in the tub but if I would buy it, I would would only use it every now and again because I would get sick of the spiciness really quickly. This one is also available in the scrub and moisturizers.

There is still time left to ge these products before the Holidays but many of them were sold out on the website so I wouldn't wait too long. I personally am all over the Black Velvet Apricot fragrance and will be getting the scrub and the bosy butter before they are gone for good.'

photo courtesy of The Body Shop

No comments: