Friday, September 24, 2010

Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst

Exciting things are going down at Bath and Body works this fall. First Dark Kiss was released and now the company has redesigned the packaging of another Sexy, Black Amethyst, in order to update it and pick up on the purple trend that has been the rage this fall. I already owned products from this fragrance but in the older packaging, I wish that I had waited a bit and gotten the pretty new packaging to display on my dresser. Oh well, I still love the fragrance...

Bath and Body Works states, "Master perfumers have seductively layered a sophisticated blenx of Italian bergamot and rare camellias with exotic sandalwood and a surprising twist of vetiver in this hypnotic fine fragrance, inspired by chic, sensual, and confident women. Winner: WWD Beauty Biz's Breakthrough Product of the Year/Mass Fragrance, December 2008".

The top notes are: Bergamot Italian Oprur, Juicy Mandarin, Sparkling Tangerine, Zesty Orange, Waterfruits, Crisp Melon. The middle notes are: Lily of the Valley, Magnolia Blossom, Sheer Gardenia, Tuberose, Freesia, Peony Petals, Camellia. The base notes are: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla, Musk.

This is fragrance is one of Bath and Body Works' best! It reminds me very much of Tom Ford's Black Orchid and smells very classy and expensive. The notes that come out the strongest on my skin are the Tuberose, the Magnolia Blossom, the Camellia, and the Vetiver. My only complaint with this this EDT is that it doesn't last as long as I wish that it would.
I originally purchased the shower gel and body lotion in this fragrance when it was first introduced two years ago. I really liked the lotion but I hated the scent of the shower gel. It smelled almost like a men's cologne, it was so sharp and strong. This is one of the few gels that actually stays on my skin well after I rinse it off in the morning. This time around, I purchased the EDT, the Triple Moisture Body Cream, the Body Lotion, and the Triple Moisture Shower Cream. The Triple Moisture Shower Cream smells more of the florals and is a much softer scent than the gel does. This fragrance is also available in the Body Mist and the Bubble Bath, the mist is much too light for this fragrance to really develop and the bubble bath smells exactly like the the gel.

Based off the Sexys collection, I am actually looking forward to Bath and Body Works' release of Secret Wonderland in the very beginning of November.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: