Monday, September 27, 2010

Valentino Rock N' Rose

I have no idea why I haven't reviewed this fragrance earlier, I have a giant bottle of it that I have been using for over three years now. I bought Valentino's Rock N' Rose after trying it only once, it was love at first sniff. I not only bought it right away, I bought the biggest bottle that it was offered in. Which is why I can still be working on the same bottle for several years. This is the sexiest rose fragrance that I own, it's still floral and pretty but has a darker undertone so it can still be worn with a black dress and pumps to go out at night.

The Neiman Marcus website states the following about the fragrance, "The fragrance is inspired by a new generation of young Valentino women. She is a modern woman, who combines a Rock n' Roll attitude with elegance and style. She is a Rose on the outside and a Rocker on the inside". The top notes are: Bergamot, Black Currant, Crunch Green. The middle notes are: Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Muguet, Rose. The base notes are: Sandalwood, Orris, Musky Notes, Vanilla, Heliotrope. I think that the strongest notes are the rose and the black currant. After several hours, vanilla and heliotrope are the strongest notes and the ones that I smell all day long.

I get many compliments on this fragrance, from both friends and random people on the street. This is longest lasting rose fragrance that I own and is one of the few that I have tried that lasts from the morning to the end of the day. I love the round pink bottle and how pretty it looks sitting out. Neiman Marcus also has an exclusive version of thei fragrance that come covers in black lace and I think is even more beautiful. The store also carries it in a body lotion, which is my next purchase from this fragrance.

photo courtesy of Neiman Marcus

No comments: