Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose

As I mentioned earlier, I have been overhauling my living space and am constantly finding items that I had forgotten that I even purchased. Last night's cleaning unearthed a new find, a bottle of Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose EDT and matching body products. Velvet Tuberose came out at Holiday 2007 and I think is one of the most under-rated fragrances from this company. I rarely ever see it on tables or featured in the coupons. This fragrance was originally designed for the Bendel's on Fifth Avenue so this should give you an idea of the sophistication of the fragrance.

Velvet Tuberose falls into the "Sexys" collection at Bath and Body Works. "To compose the glamorous symphony of creamy florals and intoxicating spices, master perfumers have blended night-blooming white tuberose, ylang ylang, Indian jasmine, and rare diamond orchid". This fragrance smells heavily of tuberose and jasmine on me with a base of musk. Of all the fragrances that I have tried from this company, this one remains the strongest and lasts the longest.

The top notes are: Modern Citrus, Dewy Magnolia, Juicy Apricot, Ylang Ylang, Green. The middle notes are: Tuberose Accord, White Freesia, Tender Cyclamen, Diamond Orchid, Heady Gardenia, Indian Jasmine, Succlent Fig. The base notes are: Addictive Ambers, Sensual Sandalwood, Exotic Spices, Cashmere Accord, Warm Musks.

This fragrance is very elegant and is one of the nicest that has ever been released from Bath and Body Works. I have this product in the EDT, the Triple Moisture Body Cream, and the Shower Gel. I am really looking forward to wearingthis fragrance when I get dressed up this fall and into the holidays. I hope that Bath and Body Works continues to release fragrances in the Sexys line and that they have more fragrance that are intense, heady florals.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: