Thursday, September 9, 2010

Urban Decay Book of Shadows 3

As I type this, Urban Decay has already sold out of their latest Book of Shadows and is rapdily trying to get more in stock for their fans. This Book of Shadows is hyped to be their best so far with all new shades and a New York City theme and is a product that I was crazy about since the first peak that I got at it. I had originally heard that this wasn't coming out until end of Septmeber so I was very shocked when I got the email from Urban Decay and by the time that I got to their site, it was already gone. Now the hunt begins...

Urban Decay states, "Totally obsessed with the Big Apple? So are we (how could anyone not be?). Inspired by the glimmering lights and iconic landmarks of New York City, Book of Shadows Volume III features 16 eye shadows that go way beyond neutrals and brights including SEVEN NEW SHADES with names like Loaded, Rockstar, and Money. We've also included nine best-sellers in a range of sizzling textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte. The hand-illustrated compact actually LIGHTS UP when you open it, and reveals a stunning view of iconic landmarks (like Lady Liberty and the token taxi cab). You'll want to show it off to all your friends, trust us! The built-in mirrow lets you touch-up on the go, and a pullout drawer houses 3 more glamorous goodies: two of our award-winning 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils and a travel size Eye Shadow Primer Potion...because more is SO New York City. You'll be booking a one way flight to JFK in no time".


Here are the new shades...

- Bordello - purpley pink with gold shift
- Kush - bright green
- Loaded - deep emerald/black
- Money - silvery pale green
- Radium - bright blue
- Rockstar - deep eggplant with metallic base
- Suspect - oyster with dimensional shift

Here are the permanent shades...
- Haight - shimmering mermaid blue
- Psychedelic Sister - purple amethyst
- Snatch - peachy pink with glitter
- Last Call - plum punch
- Maui Wowie - medium gold with silver glitter
- Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - golden beige with bronze, gold, and silver glitter
- Smog - deep coppery bronze
- Perversion - matte jet black
- Uzi - metallic silver with big iridescent sparkles
The Eye Pencils are the best-selling Zero shade, which is black and Ransom, which is a bright purple shade. A travel size Primer Potion is also included. I really love this palette and want to track it down but I shudder to think how many duplicates from Urban Decay I will own away buying it. Since I just got the Naked Palette, I am sure that I am racking them up. I know for a fact that I already own Last Call, Smog, and Uzi. I think that I own Perversion and Maui Wowie also, but I'm not totally sure without looking. Not that that really makes any difference since I will end up chasing this palette down anyway since I love both Urban Decay and New York City!
photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: