Friday, September 17, 2010

Rosebud Salve

If there ever was a one-size-fits-all cult product created, this one would win the award. I have used Rosebud Salve for years and so have many of my friends. All of us had differnt skin types and tones and all different makeup styles but this is the one product that we can all agree on and use on a daily basis. For me, this product is mainly used as a lip balm but I have tried it out on my cuticles and under my nose when the skin gets raw from tissues. I have never been disappointed at it's performance.

The Sephora website states, "This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and reliever dryness. Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash". I have never used it as a diaper rash cream and hopefully never will but all of the other listed uses are accurate. I find this lip balm to be very soothing to my dry, cracked lips in the winter because of the calming effects of the rose extract. It smells faintly of rose so I adore the fragrance but if someone really hates rose then this is not the product for them.

The original rose formula has been available for years but the company recently updated the product a bit by offering two new versions of the balm. The first is the Minted Rose Lip Balm, which delivers the same hydrating benefits but with a minty tingle. On my lips, this product appears as a red stain so I do not advise trying it out on any other part of the body. With the mint oil in it, I also do not recommend this for chapped, dry skin because it might irritate more than heal. The second new option is the strawberry formula and is lightly scented with sweet strawberries. Again, with the fragrance in it, it may not be fully suitable for use on any area other than the lips. This one appears to be more on the pink side, so I doubt that it has the same amount of pigment as the Mint version.

I own the traditional and mint versions and I bought them so long ago that I don't remember where I got them or even how long they take to finish. I know that I got the Mint version sometime in 2007 and the original before that and I am just beginning to hit the bottom on them. There is a huge amount of product packed into that little container and I will be using them for years to come since they perform every single time that I apply them.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: