Thursday, December 15, 2011

Giorgio Armani Holiday 2011 Collection - Madreperla

I feel like the last few collections that we have looked at have been very small and I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.  Let me explain.  I am happy that companies are focusing on quality over quantity and aren't just creating giant collections of products and shades in the hopes that people who love the brand buy everything.  However, all these small collections makes it seem like holiday isn't as big a deal as the other seasons and considering that I give lots of beauty gifts this time of the year, I love to see variety.  Though I might just be hitting the time in the holiday season where I am just sick of everything that has to do with the holidays and the season in general.  The last statement is most likely the most accurate. 

This collection is named Madreperla and Megan Fox is the muse for the collection again.  At this point, I believe that she is the model for the whole line at this point.  This collection consists of twopalettes; one for the face, one for the eyes, and three new shades for the lips.  I think that I might be most interested in the face palette since I have seen a lot of great picks for the eyes and lips this season but nothing great for the face so far.
The newest collection from Armani...

Face Palette Holiday Color 2011 Madreperla - Armani's new limited edition holiday color collection features a signature black lacquered compact.  For a satin eye effect, dress up your eyes with two harmonies of three shades in one shot.
- pale beige/golden beige/gray

Eye Palette Holiday Color 2011 Madreperla - Armani's new limited edition holiday color collection features a signature black lacquered compact.  For a satin eye effect, dress up your eyes with two harmonies of three shades in one shot.  Harmony #1 includes beige pearl, metallic gold, light green pearl.  Harmony #2 includes white pearl, metallic taupe, and lavender pearl.

Gloss d'Armani Holiday Color 2011 Madreperla - Concentrated high definition color, fusing shine, comfort, and lasting hold.  When one take is enough: Gloss d'Armani's flexible velvet applicator adds volume and defines contours instantly and effortlessly, with expert touch.  Technology: Color-Fil Shine Technology, with a translucent base that traps pigments and pearlescent particles for a hydrated, silky smooth feeling without any stickiness.  Comfortable, stay-fast color is like a second skin that remains true for eight hours.  Treat yourself to lacquered lips.  Armani's new limited edition holiday color collection features must-have Gloss d'Armani, now available in three new shades.
- 404 - deep ruby red
- 603 - deep brown
- 606 - deep cool purple

I think that this is one of the first collections that I can honestly say that I dislike pretty much every product in this whole collection.  I hate all the lip shades, I don't find any of them very wearable.  the eye palettes are nice but I don't need any of those shades so there is no point in me buying them.  I also don't find the face palette to be all that wearable either since it contains the gray hue in it...

photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani

No comments: