Thursday, December 22, 2011

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Face Wash

Last year, I was all about the Purity Made Simple Foam Face Cleanser in the warm weather months, it is one of the few cleansers that I completely used up and then considered repurchasing again.  I am considering rebuying it next summer, since it is much too light to use this time of the year.  The foam version is very effective to clean my skin in warm weather but this one will dry my skin out too much in the cold, dry air.  So what did I do?  Bought the original Purity Made Simple so I can keep reaping the benefits of the wash in a formula that is much better for dry skin. 

In the past few weeks, I have run out of almost every single piece of skincare and I have bought a whole group of new products from Sephora.  This is unprecedented timing, I have never had everything that I own run out in a two week period.  This means two things: I had a few huge bills from Sephora and I am now using all new products and my skin is having a slight freak out some mornings.  The Boscia Willowbark Breakout Treatment has been very effective in keeping the few new breakouts that I got from this process at bay.  In addition to all the stuff that I have been trying, winter has just arrived and my skin is now much drier than it was a few weeks ago.  My facial skin is my big obsession at the moment and getting it well adjusted to the new products that I am trying.

When I knew that I would need a new face cleanser, I decided to ignore any type of product that contained foaming ingredients or any fancy frills.  I purchased a product that wasn't really new to me, I already stated in the beginning of this post that I had used the foaming version of this face cleanser last year and was very happy with the results in the summer months.  Technically the version that I am using of this product is new, but the overall formula is not. 

Sephora's website states, "A highly effective one-step facial cleanser.  Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a pH-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores.  The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.  Purity Made Simple is part of a collection of Philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin."  I use this cleanser once in a day in the evening to clean off my makeup and the dirt that has accumulated during the day's activities.  The suggested use of this product is twice a day but I never wash my face twice a day and I don't plan to start at a time of the year when it is very dry and easily irritated.

Also on the Sephora website, I found a few more details about the clinical test results that were found during the product testing.  "100% reported that the cleanser is gentle enough for the eye area.  97% reported effective removal of dirt, oil, and makeup.  97% reported a clean, residue-free finish." 

I have been using this face wash for about two weeks now and so far I have really liked it.  It is best used on wet skin.  I use about a nickel-sized drop to cover my whole face and it is the perfect amount.  It doesn't foam up so I apply it all over my face, massage it in, and rinse it off.  I use it all over my face however I have not tried it on my eye area and I don't plan to.  I use a separate eye makeup remover to get all my eye makeup off, cleansers have never gotten the job done for me and I don't expect one that is this gentle to make a dent in my eye shadow primer and eye liners.  It works well enough at getting my facial makeup off, which is all that I require from a gentle cleanser.

My skin is not tight, dry, or irritated after use of this product and I am really happy with it.  Even though the textures are very different, this face wash and the foaming version work very much the same.  The big difference between the products is in the fragrance; the foam version has a strong lemon scent that was a bit cloying but this version has a light herbal scent that is very nice.  I like the scent of this one much better than the foaming version.  I am actually tempted to buy a huge bottle of this face since I have been getting such great results from it!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: