Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Clinique Superfit Foundation



For the past month or so, I have been anxiously awaiting the Clinique gift with purchase at my local Macy*s. From the moment that I heard that it was going to be occurring, I had decided that I was going to go and get the Clinique Superfit Foundation. I have used their bases before and am always happy with the texture, the wear of the products, and the massive range of shades for all skin tones.


This is the newest foundation formula from this company and is supposed to be the best wearing one released so far. The Superfit formula makes some hefty claims about how amazing this product is. Clinique promises that their “patented formula uses new technologies to wick away sweat and excess oil, keeping even T-zones fresh, fit, and free of midday shine or 5 pm fade-out”. This formula is oil free and should wear about 8 hours. The sign at one of the Clinique counters that I once visited promises this performance or the company will refund the cost of the purchase price. How could I go wrong?


Well, I did. Yesterday, I finally got a chance to visit the Clinique counter to pick a bottle of this amazing potion up. The sales associates at that counter were super excited about the product and tried their hardest to find a shade for me. We started with Neutral, determined that it was too orange and too dark. Then we went up to Petal, a paler shade. Same problem. As a last ditch effort, they tried the palest shade on me, one entitled Shell. This one was also too orange for my skin tone. I was in shock, Clinique has the widest range of foundation colors of almost every makeup line! How could they all be too orange?!


Lucky for me, the sales associate that was helping me to pick the colors out really knew her stuff. She recommended to me another foundation, the Superbalanced formula. This product “provides moisture and absorbs oil when and where needed with adjustable coverage that is silky upon application. Oil-free formula provides natural skin finish.” She actually thought that this formula might be better than the Superfit for my sensitive, combination skin. We found a perfect match and I happily bought that bottle and an Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.


So I didn’t get exactly what I wanted but I still left the counter happy. Hey Clinique! Please make more shades in your Superfit formula, I still want to try it!!

No comments: