Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Trend that I Won't Be Trying



While I am very excited about many of the trends this fall, there is one trend that I fell head over heels in love with. I started out the season really excited for the dramatic eye looks but in the end I fell madly in love with the trend of dark red lips. I love Urban Decay’s Gash, Vincent Longo’s Rush, and NARS Flame. Of course, there will always have to be some trend that makes me want to gag and ask myself “WHY WHY WHY?!” This year that trend started with YSL. Normally, I love YSL but this trend just horrifies me. It is actually a twist of the dramatic lips…shiny black patent leather lip gloss.


The product that started this insanity is YSL Gloss Pur Black, available only through the YSL website and Saks. It is currently sold out and the waiting list grows longer everyday. This color was first seen in Vogue and that was the beginning of the trend. “Mysterious, sensual, luminous…”. That is the description provided by the company. My description is as follows “gothic, freaky, out of style by the time that the waiting list is fulfilled”. I only hate the color of this gloss, not the formula itself. This is new product that will be coming out in a range of shades (thank god!) in the Spring 2009 collection. It is a very shiny and sparkle free lip gloss. I would love it in pale pink shades.


Love it? Hate it? What are your views?
photo courtesy of YSL

No comments: