Sunday, October 26, 2008

NARS Flame for Sephora



This month Sephora celebrated it 10th anniversary. Its hard to believe that Sephora has been around for 10 entire years but I have no idea how I would go beauty product shopping without it. It is truly is my beauty playground and source all of things beauty related. That being said, to celebrate this event, certain companies have released special products for the anniversary. The first one that I saw was a special version of Mineral Veil (gag). But there is one product that is treasure to me…


One of my favorite collections, NARS, released a special lipstick shade just for this event. Obviously, it is limited edition and only available at Sephora. This lipstick was made to continue the trend of deep toned lipstick for fall. The Sephora site has this description up, “NARS Sephora Flame lipstick is a rich, deep red-brown, semi-matte formula with a long-wearing, velvety finish.” I saw this color at the store and this may just in deed by the most perfect red lipstick ever.


While I was at the store, I was able to try it on and see it both on myself and several other ladies. All of us had different skin tones, but it somehow long amazing on everyone. From my super pale skin to a more tanned complexion, this shade is uber-flattering and a must for anyone who wants to try red lipstick.


As of right now, this shade is limited edition, so run out and get it while Sephora has it in stock. I would love if this would become part of the permanent NARS collection so that I will be able to replace my tube when I run out. It’s kind of bittersweet…this shade is amazing and I may never be able to find it again.
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: