Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MAC for Ungaro



In fear of this blog turning into a MAC only website, I have to discuss yet another new line from MAC. They have been churning them out faster than I can ever remember and there are good and bad aspects of their multitude of new collections. They give me many new products to lust after and the chances of finding the perfect shade are much higher. But, if I ever find that perfect shade, all of these collections are LE, so I will never be able to get it again. And, honestly, the tons of new colors tend to make it much less exciting when new collections are released.
This collection was created for designer Emanuel Ungaro. The MAC site gives the following description; “Dreamy, softly impressionistic, reverential…To celebrate his exciting debut It-Designer, Esteban Cortazar, celebrity make up artist, Sharon Dowsett, and MAC come together backstage to create to colour collection in the spirit of today’s Ungaro.


The colours of the Fall 2008 look on the Ungaro runway…


Emanuel Ungaro: Lipstick
- Pure Rose - Pastel Pink with White Pearl
- Freckletone - Neutral yellow-tone beige


Emanuel Ungaro: Lipglass
- Pastel Emotion - Pastel pink with white pearl


Emanuel Ungaro: Eye Shadow
- Phloof! - Frosted off-white
- Mineral - Deep cool brown
- Lilac Touch - Dirty mid-tone violet
- Soft Flower - Clean mid-tone coral


Emanuel Ungaro: Cream Color Base (product only found in Ungaro collection)
- Crushed Bougainvillea - Jewel tone berry stain
- Fresh Morning - Soft muted pastel pink


Emanuel Ungaro: Beauty Powder
- Flower Mist Dew - Clean brightening pink


Technakohl Liner
- Auto-de-blu - Intense jewel tone blue


Browset
- Mink - Dirty brown


Zoomlash
- Lofty Brown - Ultra-rich blackened cocoa brown


I am in love with the two shades of the Cream Color Base in this collection. Cream Color Base is a intensely colored cream that can be used on both cheeks and lips. Both colors are beautiful but I must say that I am really attracted to Crushed Bougainvillea, which would be amazing as a blush more than as a lip color. I haven’t seen this collection in my local Macy*s, so I may have to take a trip to the MAC store if I am ever to get my hands on this collection.

No comments: