Friday, October 17, 2008

MAC Cremesheen



MAC has released several new collection over the past few weeks. The second of these is called Cremesheen and it is collection comprised solely of lip products. The MAC site gives the description as follows, “Watch out…This new lip colour speaks softly but says something shocking! Discover the finish that makes Cremesheen such hot gossip. With its smooth, creamy texture and 14 eloquent colours to choose from, the difference will speak for itself”.


The lipstick colors are as follows…


- Crème d’Nude - Pale muted peach beige
- Dare You - Deep brown red
- Brave Red - Bright yellow red
- Hang-up - Deep berry
- Crosswires - Clean pinky orange
- Fanfare - Mid-tone yellow pink
- Speed Dial - Light blue pink
- Modesty - Muted neutral pink
- On Hold - Mid-tone yellow raspberry
- Party Line - Red-toned plum
- Hot Gossip - Mid-tone pinky plum’
- Ravishing - Clean light peachy coral
- Speak Louder - Clean poppy blue pink
- Stay in Touch - Light yellow brown


The nail polish color in this collection is called Seasonal Peach and is creamy pale peachy pink.


I saw this collection at the MAC counter in my local Macy*s and I have to say that it really took a back seat to the Cult of Cherry Collection. These colors are nice enough but they really don’t embody the “look” of MAC very well. Cult of Cherry is much more exciting and will get much more attention from MAC customers. For myself, any color that has “yellow” in the description will not work for my skin tone. I would definitely need a color that has pink in the description. So, I am looking at trying Modesty or Speed Dial. I am thinking that these are going to be colors that will be more in the My-Lips-But-Better category.
photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: