Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 2008 Issue of Allure

A couple of weeks ago, the coveted Allure Best of Beauty issue landed in my mailbox. This is the issue that I wait all year for and generally consider this to the Bible of beauty products. This year didn’t disappoint. The list created some new products for me to lust after, nominations that I agree with wholeheartly, and nominations that I utterly disagreed with.

The Agreements…
- Brow Products - Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel
- Concealer for Blemishes - Murad Acne Concealer
- Primer - Smashbox Photo Finish Light Foundation Primer
- Powder Blush - NARS
- Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
- Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo powder
- New Fragrance - Chloe
- Citrus Fragrance - Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
- Eyelash Curler - Shu Uemura

The Disagreements…
- Lip Stain - They picked Lauren Hutton First Kiss Lip & Cheek Stain + Balm in Larry, I feel that the best product is in this category is Benefit’s Benetint
- Lip Gloss - They picked Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15, I feel that the best product is NARS lip gloss, hands down (followed closely by MAC Lip Glass).
- Nail Polish, Darks - They picked Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Poison Blue, I feel that the best dark shade ever is Chanel’s Blue Satin Nail Polish.
- Nail Polish Remover - They picked Cutex Nail Polish Remover Pads Non-Acetone, I feel that the best product in this category is Lippmann Collection The Stripper.
- Mascara for Evening - They picked Max Factor Volume Couture High Volume & Definition Mascara, I feel that the best product in this category is either Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash, Awake Optic Force Mascara, or Cargo Texas Lash (c’mon I can’t pick just one mascara!)
- Concealer for Undereye Circles - They picked Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation Palette, I feel that the best product in this category is Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer.
- Cleanser, Sensitive Skin - They picked Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, I feel that the best product in this category is Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser.
- Facial Moisturizer, Dry - They picked Patricia Wexler M.D. Skin Brightening Daily Moisturizer SPF 30, I feel that the best product in this category is Awake Hydro-Force Cream
- Scrub, Face- They picked St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion, I feel they the best pick in this category is Peter Thomas Roth Buffing Beads.
- Body Wash - They picked St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizing Body Wash, I feel that the best pick in this category is Philosophy 3 in 1 in Senorita Margarita.
- Straightener, Hair - They picked Nexxus Sleek Memory Straightening Spray, I feel that the best pick in this category is Phyto Phytodefrisant Baum.
- Mask, Hair - They picked Pantene Pro V Restorative Replenishing Mask, I feel that the best pick in this category is Phyto PhytoCitrus Hair Mask.

I am not saying that any of the above products that I disagreed with are bad products, I am just saying that I have found a product in those category that I find to be superior to those nominated or to any others that I have personally tested. Feel free to agree or disagree.

No comments: