Monday, October 27, 2008

November 2008 Issue of Lucky



Last month, I talked about how the October Issue of Lucky had Jessica Simpson on the cover and the mixed reaction I had to this choice. When I got the November issue out of my mailbox, I had one and only one reaction to the cover with Vanessa Hudgens on it. ACK!!! What is this, Seventeen magazine? Are we trying to get 15 year olds to start reading Lucky and so we put their favorite teenyboppers on the cover. High School Musical was such a deep film and she is just a great actress. ::GAGS:: I thought that I was going to die when I saw this cover.


Getting past the cover, there are a few things that I do want to get from this issue…


- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder - “Packed with antioxidant goji berries, anti-inflammatory gold, amino acids, and peptides”


- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet- “When you blend the four translucent shades together, they beautifully cancel out tinges of red and yellow”


- Natura Bisse The Cure - “I put this rich day cream on in the morning, and I go from dry crazy mess to smooth and soft right away. Where most creams tend to wander after about an hour, this stays put all day”


Jean Godfrey June’s column didn’t even really wow me this month. The only that she sold me on is the new Jeanne Lanvin fragrance. This scent is a mix of pomegranate and flowers and she described it as a “pretty, feminine, wear-it-every-day scent”. I really want to go out and find this perfume even though it sounds more like a scent to wear in this springtime.


Wow, I only want four products from this entire issue?! I guess a horrifying cover can ruin the whole issue…


photo courtesy of Lucky Magazine

No comments: