Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Urban Decay Summer Collection 2009 - Pocket Rocket

I love my Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lip gloss so much that when I checked out their looks for this summer, the one titled "Pocket Rocket" immediately jumped out at me and flew right up to my first choice of their summer looks. I bought the Pocket Rocket gloss in David several weeks ago and very quickly fell in love with it for more than just the novelty value. Don't get me wrong, the novelty value of this product is certainly what draws people to it in the first place and it very responsible for the near empty display that I see everytime that I go into Sephora. However, this is also a great gloss. I love that is shiny and creamy at the same time, lasts several hours, and has a nice little brush applicator to help spread the product.

This look is on the subtle side for Urban Decay and therefore I think that it will have a relatively universal appeal among the masses. Also, only a couple of products are used to create this look so I feel that almost anyone can get this one down pat.

This look starts off with the 24/7 Eye Liner in Zero, a black shade that is a very good seller for the company and is highly rated by all those who have tried it. This is used on the upper lash line and then the eyes are finished off with Big Fatty Mascara in what appears to a black shade. The next step is to use the Sting Deluxe Eye Shadow, a hot pink shade, as blush on the apples of the cheeks. The last step is to use the Pocket Rocket gloss in Eric, a sheer red shade, on the lips.

I am really looking forward to taking this look for a test drive next time that I go out at night. To be totally honest though, I don't quite know how I feel about using an eye shadow as blush. i am sure that the shade is very pretty but I wonder if it could quite possibly be too pigmented to use as blush. This is something that I will have to look into before trying this one out.
photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: