Friday, May 22, 2009

MAC A Rose is A Rose

Just in time for my birthday visit to King of Prussia, I was searching around the MAC section of the Nordstrom website and I found what could be the best birthday present to myself ever (maybe second best - LUSH's Think Pink giftset also takes top honors). What am I referring to? A Nordstrom exclusive eye palette called A Rose is A Rose that was released only to Nordstrom stores. Happy Birthday to me...more roses!

This is what Nordstrom has to say on the product, "A Rose Romance is often all in the eyes. Introducing A Rose is A Rose, a Nordstrom-exclusive summer eye shadow quad that keeps the look of love fresh, alive, and exciting. Designed to convey a new-fashioned narrative, a pulse-quickening conversation about the heart's desire". The four shades in this quad were selected to complement the other eye shadow shades in the Rose collection and allow for the use of quad on its own or blended with any other shadow shade.

Colorwise...the pale frosty white shade is called Solar White (I assume, there is no description of the named shades on the site) and it is meant to be used as a highlighter. This would be great basic shade for anyone and should match most eye looks. The pink shade is called either Petal Worship of Seeds of Love and looks more like a crease color. This one looks like it should blend well with Et Tu? Bouquet (pale pink gold). The lilac shade is either Petal Worship of Seeds of Love (again thanks Nordstrom for describing the shades!) and I think that this could also be used as a crease shade or to blend with Creme de Violet or Of Summer. This shade appears (at least in the picture) to be very close to Of Summer, so I might want to look at them side by side to determine which color I prefer. The navy blue shade of this compact is the only one that I am not crazy over. Called Contrast (for real - found it on the MAC site!), it is the deepest shade and might best used as a liner. I personally think that all the shades in this quad could work together, perhaps with the exception of the pink shade, for me that might be too much color on the eye.

More roses, more roses!!! Hopefully this quad doesn't disappoint when I get to use it down at Nordstrom later today. What would a birthday be without roses?!
photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: