Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Mascara Number 3 - Diorshow Iconic

Diorshow Iconic is considered to be one of the top picks of the mascaras that have come out within the past year time frame. Everyone that I know that has been able to try it has raved about how much they love it. From the formula to the innovative brush design, so many people have something positive to say about this mascara. I had used the original Diorshow and while I liked it a lot, it wasn't my top choice for mascaras. However, I have heard from several sources that the new Iconic formula is even better than the original, I decided that I would give it a try.

So why is this mascara so unique and fabulous? I went right to the Dior website to try and get some insight on the product. Here is how they describe the mascara, "Introducing Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara. Now, give your lashes fascinating, high-definition curves. The new fashion icon-inspired mascara and Dior's couture tradition. The secret weapon behind the most alluring eye looks created backstage for Dior's fashion shows and celebrity red carpet events. Imagine your lashes - in high definition. Thicker, curvier, sexier than you have ever seen them before. A revolutionary mascara with a with revolutionary trademarked Oblique Brush - the better to create curves on curves - first introduced by designer Christian Dior and celebrated by John Galliano. As iconic as the models and movie stars who love it. Diorshow Iconic mascara is the latest in Dior's dazzling range of mascaras for every lash look in the book".

My verdict? It is to die for, I am totally smiten with it! The formula is top quality and makes my lashes thick and curly without clumping or smuding. It lasts all day without flaking and if I don't wash it off at night, it is still going strong in the morning. I have the black shade which is true inky black. The brush took me a bit off guard the first time that I used it but it quickly became one of my favorite aspects of this mascara. I have a semi-hard time describing it but it appears as though it has lines that curve around the head of the brush (the provide picture is much better than my definition). The brush is covered in long, skinny teeth so it can grab every lash and gives maximum curling effect. It defines lashes really easily and it appears that is helps to fan them out. If this is the future of mascara, then I am totally on board! Also, the tube is silver and just looks expensive and stylish.

Only one complaint, this is not the easiest mascara to remove. Even after throughly cleansing, i often have black streaks under my eyes and running down my cheeks.

The verdict - This is one amazing mascara, it has even knocked my coveted Benefit BadGal out of my number one mascara spot.

photo courtesy of Dior

No comments: