Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lippmann Collection Summer 2009 Shades

For this summer, Lippmann Collection has released two new shades. I am still rather in love with the Purple Rain shade that she released several months ago for the Zac Posen show so I have some pretty high hopes for this collection. The new offerings for the summer season consist of two new shades, both of which are more on the bright side.

The first shade is called It's Raining Men after the timeless song from the 1980s. The name of this color drew me toward it right away, this might be one of the best named polishes that she has ever come up with. The color is described by the company as being a "timeless Parisian red". It is true red with blue undertones and is a cream finish with no detectable shimmer in the formula.

The other shade is called Call Me Irresponsible. I haven't heard any songs with this name that I can remeber so I can't really comment on the provence of the name for this one. This color is described as being a "vivacious violet" and is also a cream finish. This color is bright violet with what appears as large amount of blue based undertones in the color.

Well, I really like both shades in this collection which is kinda surprising! It's Raining Men is the best name ever but I think that the color will be a great addition to my polish wardrobe. Actually both shades would be great additions since I don't own any other shades like these. I am happy that Lippmann did not follow in the neon bandwagon that we have been seeing so far for nails this spring and summer. These two shades prove that it is possible to still have some color in a manicure without it being completely unprofessional.

photo courtesy of Lippmann Collection

No comments: