Saturday, May 23, 2009

Island Michael Kors Bermuda

Early this spring, Michael Kors released his latest fragrance that joins the popular Island series. I really like the original fragrance of this collection but haven't really been taken with the others in the series. Many of them smell very much alike to me and therefore, never really gave me much of a reason to purchase them when the original serves me just fine.

The latest fragrance is called Island Michael Kors Bermuda. It is housed in pink bottle that is shaped exactly like the others in the collection. Here is the description of the product taken from the Sephora website, "Introducing Island Michael Kors Bermuda - an escape into breezy, floral fragrance bliss. Experience the exotic blend of tropical passion flowers and smooth cedar wood that will transport you to a world of relaxed luxury. Once you get there, you will never want to come back".

The notes - Freesia, Hibiscus, Cassis Buds, Tiare, Peony, Jasmine, Passion Flower, Driftwood, Soft Skin Accord, Cedar.

On initial sniff of this fragrance, I feel that this one is farthest from the original and therefore is the most worth purchasing of all those in the series. Another point in the favor of this fragrance is that it contains mostly floral notes and less of the fruit notes that others in the collection contain. Peony and jasmine continue to top the list of my favorite notes that can be contained in any fragrance. I might not purchase a bottle of this until I finish up my original bottle of Island but so far it is the only member of the collection that I am really looking forward to picking up.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: