Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Flower Girls

This may be old news, but I have the tendency to fall utterly in love with almost any product that either the name or the shade has something to do with anything floral. This might be a bad thing but it is the way that I am. In the past, I haven't been a huge fan of the company Bare Escentuals after spending a month trying their mineral foundation and seeing little to no improvement in my skin. Normally, I just walk right by their display in any store that I go into. But sometimes...flowers can change that.

What I am referring to is their newest collection of lip glosses, called Buxom Babes Flower Girls. When I first saw this name, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that this collection would be full of sheer shades of pink that would be appropriate for the upcoming wedding season. Sephora describes this product as "a set of four floral-inspired lip glosses".

Here is the product described in a bit more detail (also from the Sephora website), "Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Flower Girls are four floral-inspired pout perfecters infused with 100% pure bareMinerals to naturally create the look of fuller lips. Its tingly, cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are looking fuller, while a deep infusion of antioxidant Vitamins A and E keeps them soft and protected. With luminous high shine in the most lucid pastels, it's a lovely garden party for your lips that will leave your lips blossoming with sheer feminity. All-natural, collagen-boosting ceramide helps repair damaged lip tissue and enables new collagen production".

So this product makes some big claims...not only will it make you look fantastic, it will also repair damaged lip tissue! I am all for products that can do a dual purpose but I am also not convinced that the lip repair aspect of this product will be as effective as claimed. If the gloss can penetrate the lip surface easily then I do see the potential for some of the ceramide to be absorbed and the collagen boosting process to begin. However, I have found that most lip glosses tend to be too thick and sticky for this claim to be accurate. I am on the side of products that help to boost collagen but if Bare Escentuals can make this claim come true, then maybe the ceramide ingredient might be more effective when used in a lip balm or nighttime treatment. Just some food for thought...

Now back to the fun aspects of this product...the colors! This set contains four lip glosses. The first one is called Rosie and it is ballerina pink shade. The second one is called Lily and it is pink lavender shade. The third is called Iris and it is sheer periwinkle shade. The last gloss is called Poppy and it is carnation pink shade. I love three of shades but at the moment, I am a touch weary of the Iris shade because I have never tried any color of periwinkle on my lips. However, I am certinaly game to find out how this shade looks on me next time that I get to Sephora or the Bare Escentuals store.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: