Sunday, May 10, 2009

Smashbox Cream Eye Liner

One of my long time favorite products was first introduced to me by a coworkers several years back. she alwasy had the most amazing eye makeup and was able to pull off the cat eye look like no one I had ever seen before. So needless to say, one day when she was getting ready to leave and she pulled her makeup bag out, I was intrigued enough to try see what she was using.
She was using a cream eyeliner from Smashbox and the matching eye liner brush from the company. I looked the product up on the Sephora website and wasn't shocked to see that it is very popular was a previous Best of Sephora Winner. She was using the Caviar shade which is a rich, pigmented true black. When I bought the product, the associates at Sephora actually recommended the Urban Decay angled brow brush becuase it is easier to work with for a person who has never used this type of product before.

Application is pretty simple. Dip the brush into the liner pot and then begin drawing the line on your eyelids. I found that I have better luck with using short, little strokes rather then trying to draw one thick line. It last an insanely long time. You will need eye makeup remover to get it off and it is one of those products where if I don't take it off at night before bed, it is still going strong the next morning.

Caviar is the only shade that I have tried so far and I love it. But I also was to try Midnight Purple (deep regal violet) and Thunder (mossy grey).

This liner gets Sephora's seal of approval and mine too!
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: