Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chanel Fall 2008 Collection

For many ladies that I know, Chanel is the gold standard of makeup, skincare, and fragrance. I have many of their fragrances and have been branching slowly into their makeup line. My first ever piece of expensive makeup was actually from Chanel and I have never looked back since. That nail polish was one of my most prized possessions for the next few years. The Fall 2008 offerings from Chanel are classic and timeless and at least one of the colors in this collection will work for every woman.

The collection… (from the Chanel Website)

- Exceptionell de Chanel - an intense volume and curl mascara

- Le Vernis Nail Color
- Kaleidoscope - green-gold
- Fantastic - deep wine

- Joues Contraste Powder Blush
- Rose dust - a rosy plum

- Poudre Doue (pressed powder)
- Almond - a soft beige

- Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow
- Le Bronze - a metallic brown
- Bois Bleu - a dark teal

- Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow
- Reflects d’Ombre - coffee, ivory, gold, and dark green eyeshadows

- Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer
- Denim - a gray blue
- Teak - a rich brown

- Rouge Hydrabase Crème Lipstick
- Simply Pink - a coral pink
- Fantastic Plum - a deep purple
- Great Copper - a soft copper

- Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour
- Crazed - a beige pink
- Enthusiast - a limited edition coral red

- Levers Scintillates Glossimer
- Amberlight - an incandescent bronze
- Delight - a pale lilac
- Gold Light - a brilliant gold

At the moment, I feel rather sacrilegious because I actually want nothing from this collection. I went crazy over their spring collection and can go crazy over anything Chanel just because of the double Cs on the packaging. But there is nothing in this collection that grabs me at all. I’m not a fan of warm lip colors or any kind of blue eye makeup. Overall, the shades in this collection really don’t seem at that unique to me. Maybe it would help if I have the ability to see these colors all put together on a model’s face but there is nothing so far to help me with that. Though I must say that of course, I want the mascara that they just came out with. I am beginning to think that furthering my obsession with mascara may just become my whole agenda for fall beauty.

No comments: