Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MAC Artsy

For Fall 2008, MAC has created five faces to represent the newest trends of the season. The first of these looks is called Artsy. The MAC site defines this trend as makeup that mimics the mediums of art. There are four major looks in this trend, each of which is designed for a certain designer’s collection.

My favorite of the four looks is called Dark Dimension. It combines dramatic eyes with neutral lips and cheeks. This look was created for Monique Lhuillier and was to in contrast to the sculptural simplicity of her designs. Three shades of eyeshadow are used to pull the eyes on full focus.

The shades are…

- Eyeshadows
- Beauty Marked - A deep blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect
- Deep Truth - Very real truthful dark blue
- Trax - Burgundy-plum flecked with bronze shimmer

- Technakohl Liner
- Auto-de-blu - Intense jewel tone blue

- Pro Longlash Mascara
- Pitchblack - Vintage vinyl black

I would have to change one large part of this look to make it work for me, I really couldn’t pull off the blue eyeliner and eyeshadow. I would work with the burgundies and plums and then find a third color to replace the blue. Black or silver would be an easy choice but I would also like to try using a bronze shade and seeing what the result would look like. This is the first time in a while that I have really liked plum shades and I am really looking forward to making this look my own. I have both Silver Ring and Bronze shades from MAC to use a jumping off point to make this look my own.

No comments: