Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NARS Fall 2008 Collection

The first fall collection that I wanted to view is the latest offering from NARS. I have used NARS for well over two years now but have recently been depending on this company for the majority of my makeup products. There is rarely a month that goes by that I don’t purchase some type of product from NARS. The fall 2008 collection is as follows (from the NARS website)…

- Dolce Vita Blush - a dusty rose powder blush

- Isolde Duo Eye Shadow - an eye shadow duos containing one shade that is described as frosted ginger and the other as shimmering copper

- Cordura Duo Eye Shadow - an eye shadow duo containing one shade that is described as shimmering warm rich brown and the other as shimmering sooty dark brown

- Fez Single Eye Shadow - a powder eye color described as velvety cocoa

- Senorita Lipstick - a cream lipstick in a shade described as sheer shimmering cherry blossom

- Female Trouble Lip Gloss - a liquid lip gloss in a shade described as lilac mauve

- Rebel Yell Nail Polish - a shade described as dusty pomegranate

- Beautiful Liar Lipstick - a cream lipstick in a shade described as sheer spiced coral

This collection is based on a neutral palette mixed with shimmer. This collection is described by NARS as giving a look of “intrigue and sophistication”. There are three pieces that I would really like to get from the fall 2008 collection. The first is the Dolce Vita blush, the rose hue will really complement my pale skin and update my overall look to match the fall leaves and cooler temperatures. The second is the Cordura Duo Eye shadow, both shades of dark brown will be beautiful when used as eyeliners on my blue eyes. The last piece that I really want is the Female Trouble Lip Gloss. I have long been a fan of NARS glosses and this one looks as though it will give a my-lips-but-better look and is a color that will work with a natural face and will balance out a strong eye.

No comments: