Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MAC Chill



Well I thought that I was finished up with MAC until Hello Kitty comes out in February but I guess the company had other ideas in mind. While I was passing the counter in my local Macy*s the other day, I noticed that they had a display of a new line called Chill. The store was jam packed and I was trying to get some last minute Christmas shopping finished so I really didn’t have the time to stop and look at the colors in this collection. My initial thoughts were that this collection reminded me of skiing with all of the pale frosts in it. My second thought was that at least one company came out with a line that actually celebrated winter instead of just the holidays. Quite genius, if I loved to ski and went to Aspen every year, then I would be all over this collection. However, since I don’t, it is just another collection to me.


Here’s the collection’s description from MAC. “As the temperature drops, a new beauty barometer shows you the season’s cool new hue. Light snowflake lips of Naked Frost. Eyes sculpted in Artic Grey, warmed with deep black velvety strokes of new Penultimate Eye Liner. The season is right. Chill.


The products and hues…


Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Artic Grey - frosted mid-tone grey
- Vellum - pale white duo chrome with violet opalescent shimmer
- Mont Black - sparkly black with multi-dimensional pearl
- Wintersky - frosty, neutral mid-tone pink
- Après-ski - matte dark brownish grey


Penultimate Eye Liner - A liquid pen-style liner that provides the ultimate precise, bold line in a rich, deep carbon black shade. Goes on fluidly, in one steady stroke, to style any fashion of eye line.
- Rapidblack - true black


41 Lash - A set of natural hair lashes that deliver a lightly dramatic length. Overlapping hairs gives a lush, luxe look.


Glitter - MAC Glitter can be applied directly to the skin or combined with products to create a high-level glitter and sparkle effects on all areas of the face, skin, and hair.
- Reflects Transparent Teal - sparkling white with turquoise
- Reflects Antique Gold - sparkling taupe


Tinted Lip Glass - A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colors that can create a high gloss glass-like finish or subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil, or Lipstick.
- Icescape - sheer pale pink with pink pearl
- Snowscene - sheer white with multidimensional pearl
- Frozen Dream - sheer cool mid-tone pink with pink pearl
- Naked Frost - sheet taupe with silver pearl


I really like all the Tinted Lip Glasses expect for Naked Frost, they are at the top of my list for this collection. I also want to try the Penultimate Eye Liner and I want the Après-ski shadow just for the name. Suddenly this collection is giving me the urge to go to Aspen and celebrity watch. Could it be that I have actually found something in winter that I enjoy?!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: