Monday, December 15, 2008

NARS No. 3 Brush



There are few things I own that I can’t live without. Most of the time I have found that I become obsessed with one product or another, only later to find another one equally fantastic or even better. I have a variety of makeup brushes that I have been suckered into when purchasing makeup. I am always thrilled with my purchase until I get home and open the brush up. Then I usually realize that I already own something very much like it or another brush that can do similar functions or even the exact same job. This is the point that I always get grumpy and swear to myself that I will never by another brush recommended to me by any makeup counter’s sales associate ever again. This usually lasts until the next time that I head to the MAC counter or to Sephora.


However, I have one brush that I use every single day and is completely worth every single cent that I paid for it. When I went to C.O. Bigelow, I had no intention of purchasing this brush and I actually ended up buying it as an afterthought with a NARS eye shadow purchase. The brush that I am talking about is the NARS No. 3 brush. It was used to apply eye shadow on me and I instantly fell in love with it. I was further convinced when the manager told me that this was her favorite eye shadow brush and the most versatile brush that she owned. She also used it everyday to apply her makeup, no matter what look she was going for. So I bought it, hook, line, and sinker. And yes, I had no idea that it was $55 when I said that I would buy it.


I got it home and put it in one of my stash containers and told myself that I would get it the next weekend and test it out. That was true in theory but not in practice, I never actually began using it until about 2 months later. Actually I had forgotten that I even had the brush. I found it when looking for something else and decided that it was a waste of money to just have it sitting in there unused.


I tried it, loved it, and now cannot do my eye makeup without it. The brush is actually called the Eye Shader Brush and is used to provide a smooth eye makeup application and blending. Sephora’s website said that this soft, gentle brush is perfect for applying lighter shades and for blending. I have used this brush to apply pale, shimmery shades (my favorites) and for blending smoky eye looks. The only time that I don’t use it is to apply Vincent Longo Wet Diamond Eye Shadows because they contain so much shimmer that I need to use my fingers so that the shadow is not spread all over my face.


I love this brush so much and I will simply die if it breaks or if I lose it!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: