Saturday, December 20, 2008

MOP C-Straight



Ever since I was in high school, I have been straightening my curly hair. I don’t care what anyone tries to tell me, I will not wear it curly and I don’t care what they think that it would look like. I have gone back and forth between using shampoo and conditioner that begin the process in the shower and more natural products that hydrate and nourish. With my discovery of Phyto, I used chemical based products with straightening ingredients less and less. I have found that the products by Matrix are really great in starting the process but don’t hydrate well enough for me and usually leave some kind of build-up on my hair. I guess I will never be satisfied…why can’t I just have it all?!


The line Modern Organic Products (MOP) brings me the closest that I have gotten to bridging the gap between these two ideas. MOP is a hair care line that uses food to provide nourishment to the hair to bring it back to a natural state of health. The MOP line is simple and easy to follow since every line is color coded and anyone can find the products that they need for their hair.


The line that I have been trying is called C-Straight. This line includes a shampoo and conditioner, a styling cream, and a finishing cream. So far, I have bought all of the products but have only gotten to try the shampoo and the conditioner. The shampoo contains apple-derived amino acids to provide gentle cleansing and anti-oxidants to promote healthy looking hair. The conditioner contains plant-derived conditioning agents to counteract static. Silicones provides smoothness and gloss. Golden Barley proteins protect hair from environmental damage. Anti-oxidant rich formula incorporates citrus extracts to help hair look healthy. This is the half of the collection that I have tried.


One of the products that I haven’t tried is the straightening cream. This cream hydrates and contains silicone to help straighten hair. It also has anti-oxidant support and UV filters to protect hair from the environment. The shine lotion is the last step of the collection and its main feature is to enhance already straight hair. It contains humectants to block out frizz and contains the UV filters to protect from environmental damage. It also contains silicones to promote a healthy shine.


I can only comment on the shampoo and conditioner so far. Overall, this line is not the products that bridge a gap between natural products and straightening products. This shampoo and conditioner are more on the natural and hydrating side and have improved my hair and made it shiny. However, they pale in comparison to the Matrix products and don’t help with straightening in the least. I am beginning to think that this gap will never be bridged…

photo courtesy of Ulta

No comments: