Friday, December 26, 2008

Vitamin C and Awake Vital Express



As any beauty addict knows, Vitamin C is one of the most popular skin care ingredients but it can also be one of the worst offenders for the skin when it is used incorrectly. Please refer to my last entry for a detailed discussion of the pros and cons of this ingredient. I decided that after my research into this ingredient, I had to find the best product containing this ingredient on the market. Ok, best might be a stretch, but I tried to find the product that hits upon every single point that I made in my argument for the correct us of this ingredient.


The Japanese based skin care line Awake is one of the only lines that I know of that carries a facial care product with a high concentration of stabilized Vitamin C. This product is called Vital Express and can be used for a variety of uses. This product is a patented powder-to-emulsion skin treatment that contains comfrey and dog rose extracts to invigorate stressed skin and improve elasticity and firmness while creating a more youthful appearance. This product also prevents the signs of aging, while creating a more youthful appearance. This product prevents the premature signs of aging, helps in the skin’s natural ability to maintain and produce collagen, as well as improve skin clarity and radiance.


The container of this product is very important. It actually comes in four small vials. The most important part of the usage of this product is that the tip of the container cannot be touched or the whole product is considered contaminated and must thrown away. After the tip is touched, the oxidation process begins and the product would then be more harmful to the skin than helpful. So if one of the vials becomes ruined, the entire product is not ruined because there are three more vials. The vials are also dark colored so the product inside is not exposed to the direct light.


Another important feature of this product is that it is white and contains no added colors. This allows the user to see if the Vitamin C has begun to oxidize and to decide when to throw the product away.
This is what a high quality Vitamin C product looks like. And to find this product? Try Bergdorf Goodman, beauty.com or Neiman Marcus, not your local Wal-Mart. That is not me being snobby, that’s me being smart with my what I decide to put on my face.

photo courtesy of Beauty.com

No comments: