Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Davies Gate Sugar Plum



We all know that I LOVE sweet scented bath and body products. However, at some point in my life, I have to begin to grow up and find something more sophisticated to use. Well, I am not even near that point yet in my life but somehow I have managed to find a product line that sweet and foody yet more grown up than marshmallows and cupcakes. I am referring to the Sugar Plum scent from the bath and body line Davies Gate.


This scent is mixture of plums, peaches, and sweet vanilla. This vanilla is more a sweet frosting type sent than a plain vanilla. I love this scent and it manages to make me happy every single time that I use it. This honor used to belong to Jaqua’s Buttercream Frosting but I now prefer Sugar Plum because it is much more unique and I have yet to find any other product that smells very much like it. I had originally been told that this product line was only to be out for Holiday 2006 but I have to assume that it was a big seller because it is still out and on the store shelves.


This line comes in a bunch of different products with my favorites being the Soothing Shower Gel and the Moisturizing Body Glow. The Soothing Shower Gel foams up well, rinses clean, and also doesn’t strip my skin and dry it out in the winter months. It contains Vitamins A and E and also certified botanical and organic extracts to help hydrate and protect the skin. The Moisturizing Body Glow is hydrating and nourishing to the skin. The description of this product also states that with repeated use, this product will bring a healthy glow and sheen to the skin. I haven’t used this product enough times in a row to notice this effect but at some point, I might try to find out if this is true. This product contains powerful moisturizers and certified organic botanicals to hydrate and protect.


This line also comes in hand cream, a sugar soak, bath bombs, body lotion, and sheer lip gloss. I have the hand cream and the body lotion but have not yet opened them up. I have also used the bath bomb and was not all that impressed with the quality of the bath that I took (LUSH are better in my opinion). Still this scent is now among one of my favorites and is one that will continue to be as I age gracefully (or find a good plastic surgeon).

photo courtesy of Davies Gate

No comments: