Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Annick Goutal - French Week Day 3

The French perfume house Annick Goutal is a truly luxurious perfume brand. This company falls firmly into the "niche" group of fragrances. I have only ever met one other person who shared my love of Petite Cherie (instead of 200,000 who wear Marc Jacobs Daisy). Not only are the fragrances and product top-notch, distribution is also very limited and the customer will have to search several high end stores in order to find the product that they desire. And we all know how much I love a chase...

Annick Goutal originally started out as a small perfume house in Paris in 1980, eventually growing a loyal and discerning group of clients. This company believes that a fragrance is more than a product made for scent. Their philosophy is that each fragrance represents a moment, one that the fragrance was purchased specially for or one that the fragrance was worn to commemorate. I was in agreement with this; for me, wearing Petite Cherie reminds me of the first warm day of Spring. I always get the bottle out right at the end of winter and eagerly await the first beautiful day in order to wear it. This fragrance represents the first blooms of spring and the excitement that the new season always holds for me.

Petite Cherie is my favorite fragrance from this house. It falls into their "Sweet" line of fragrances and is a perfect fragrance for a warm spring day. Here is the description of the fragrance from Annick Goutal, "The sweet, fruity, and gourmand notes of peach and pear mixed with the flowery touches of rose musk on a vanilla base. All the naive and determined 'Child Woman' will be seduced by this Eau de Parfum, with intense feminie chords of fresh roses. This Eau de Parfum is housed in a precious blue-green butterfly bottle, the emblem of the Annick Goutal brand". These are the notes - pear, peach, rose musk, cut grass, and vanilla. I find that the pear is the most evident on first spritz then the rose note come out after about 20 minutes.

Along with several sizes of Eau de Parfum, this fragrance also comes in several body product forms and candles. I highly covet the body products and the candles in this line and am trying to find a reason to celebrate and purchase these products.

Also while searching on this company's website...I discovered that they have a rose fragrance. This will become another highly coveted fragrance for me.

photo courtesy of Annick Goutal

No comments: