Thursday, July 2, 2009

MAC Look in a Box

MAC Look in a Box was created exclusively for the July Nordstrom Sale Event. As of right now, it won't start up for another two weeks but since many of the items are available for pre-order, I want to being looking at them. From what I have seen already, I very much doubt that many of these items will even be available after the very beginning of the sale becuase there are some fantastic options available. With my recent of discovery of a major MAC weakness, I had to look at their two new collections before I even opened up the pages on anyone else.


Look in a Box is great option for a gift or for a women who is just starting to get interested in makeup and may not have a full collection yet. MAC has put together three "looks" and has included in each set, the five essential products that are needed to achieve the desired look.


The first look is called Seductress. It is five essential products packaged together to achieve a modern, seductive look. It features Belightful Irisdescent Powder/Pressed, Knight Divine and Naked Lunch Eye Shadows, Bare Slimshine Lipstick, 181 SE Buffer Brush, and a promo sized Zoom Lash.


The second look is called Sun Siren. This package contains the five essential products that are needed to achieve a luxurious. It features Bronze Bronzing Powder, Shroom and Amber Lights Eye Shadows, Get Rich Quick Dazzleglass, Buffer Brush 181 SE, and a promo sized Zoom Lash.


The last look is called Sweet Tease and it is my favorite of the group. This box is put together to create a minimalist, lightly sexy look. It features Shell Pearl Beauty Powder, Mulch and Gleam Eye Shadows, Love Nectar Lustreglass, a promo sized Zoom Lash and a 181 SE Buffer Brush.


Am I pumped about these collections? Honestly...not especially. I would like to get the Sweet Tease box but I'm not all about the others. I like that these collections feature many of MAC top-rated shades and are a great introduction for someone just beginning with the brand. However, many people already own at least one or two of the shades and then buying the whole box would be a bit of a waste. I want the Sweet Tease box but this is not really the collection for me.


photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: