Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick Collection

I have never used anything from the line Shiseido, I know little to nothing about their product lines and really anything about the brand. However, last spring, I kept hearing about their new lipstick collection called Perfect Rouge that was being designed by makeup artist Dick Page. At that time, I wasn't near as into lipstick as I am now so this collection went relatively unnoticed by myself until a bit ago. But since lipstick is my latest obsession, I am hoping that this collection will be right up my alley.

Shiseido states that, "Perfect Rouge gives moisture all day long, imporving dryness and roughness over time. The color in the tube is the color that appears on your lips, and the sophisticated finish in lustrous". These shades appear to be very high impact on first glance and have me hoping that I will find another red love in this collection.

Here are the shades...

- RS 701 Serenity - delicate, slightly greyish rose; calm, discreet
- BR 702 Almond Pink - natural, light pinky brown; tender, soft
- PK 303 Pink Mesa - medium brownish pink; warm, earthy
- RD 304 Sweet Pea - fresh, soft red; clear, sweet, and floral
- RD 305 Salon - chic, cool red; casual elegance
- RS 306 Titan - soft, greyish rose; romantic, charming
- PK 307 Tourmaline - clear, soft grey pink; freshness and clarity
- BE 208 Baby - gentle, warm beige; innocent, sweet
- BE 109 Spiced Cream - subtle, creamy beige; sexy, pale
- BE 310 Dune - deep, sandy beige; urban natural
- RS 711 Venetian Rose - deep, grey rose; sophisticated, discreet
- RS 612 Gilded Wine - rich burgundy; alluring, enigmatic
- RD 613 Mystery - intense, reddish chocolate; dark, reddish, provocative
- RD 514 Dragon - dramatic blood red; sexy and intense
- RD 415 Valentine - bright blue red; positively chic
- RD 516 Cerise - vivid cherry red; a dash of brightness
- PK 417 Bubblegum - bright, warm pink; fun, sweet
- OR 418 Day Lily - fresh, bright orange; vibrant, exciting
- PK 419 Ariel - fresh, cool pink; lively and energetic
- RS 320 Fuschia - brillant blue pink; punk or couture?

Wow, I am glad that I looked into this collection. I have found a bunch of new items that I want to try. I really want to get Dragon, I think this shade will be a bit deeper than many of the red shades that I already own. I feel like Valentine could be very close to MAC Red but I would need to do a side-by-side comparison to make a final purchase decision. Cerise appears as though it could be very similar to MAC's Russian Red so a side-by-side is again needed. I also want to add Salon to my red collection, it doesn't appear to resemble any shade that I currently own. I also want Almond Pink, Baby, and Spiced Cream to round out my list on this collection.

photo courtesy of Shiseido

No comments: