Monday, July 20, 2009

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Eye shadow creasing has always been a huge complaint of mine. It always seemed to me that no matter what brand of shadow that I was wearing, it would be creased and fading within a few hours of application. For a time, this forced me to give up on eye shadow almost all together, I ended up doing a neutral eye everyday and collecting massive piles of lip gloss. Then I thought to try out some primers. My first primer was Urban Decay Primer Potion (which we will look at tommorrow) but I always hated the packaging and needed to see if there was anything better out there. Too Faced has never really been a brand that I have owned a lot of products from so I was rather hesistant to try this one out. But I needed to give it a shot at some point, so I picked up Shadow Insurance to give it a run.

Shadow Insurance is defined by Too Faced as being an eye primer. Here is the description of the product from the Too Faced website, "Your full-coverage insurance policy against all fading creasing melting blurring oil-slicked and hard-to-blend eye shadow accidents. Our silicone-based eyeshadow primer transforms any eye shadow into a perfectly blendable color-drenched intensified version of itself then locks it down perfectly until you take it off. Our skin soothing formula evens out the skin tone on your lids and smoothes out lines while it secures a barrier between the oils of your skin and your makeup so no shadow catastrophes will ever happen again".

This product comes in one flesh toned shade and blends easily onto the eyelids. The squeeze tube is very convenient and I like that it allows the user to squeeze the only the needed amount out and reduces waste of the product. The tube was always my major complaint with Urban Decay so I was very happy with this type of packaging. This product gets me about 4 to 6 hours of shadow wear with minimal creasing. I don't really feel that this company's claim that the product intensifies color is really all that accurate. It adds a small bit of intensity but not enough for it to be really effective. It seems to work equally well with both powder and cream shadows, however the cream shadows produced creasing slightly fasting than the powders (as they always do for me anyway).

So which one is my final choice? We will see tommorrow after I get go into the pros and cons of Primer Potion.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: