Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bath and Body Works Passport Tahiti

This is another part of my Bath and Body Works shopping trip. The first part was the new Aromatherapy products that I will be putting away for next fall, the second and third parts are the fragrances that I will be using all through the warmer weather. Today we will look at the Passport Tahiti line and then later we will look at the new Signature Fragrance. Passport Tahiti is a re-release of the Ile de Tahiti line that first came out in the winter of 2007. The line was an instant hit but was limited edition and the few remaining products ended up on sale that June. In the winter of 2009, Bath and Body reintroduced the line under the same name with one of the same fragrances and a new one. Again this winter, the line is back with a different name and one new fragrance but with one returning fragrance and the exact same packaging as other year. In previous years, the line was named Ile de Tahiti and it is now Passport Tahiti. I own some products from the first release and now have both some from the current release.

The fragrance that I bought from the release is the Coconut Vanille, the returning fragrance. From the Bath and Body Works website, "As the islands take in gentle rays, skin instantly drinks in this exclusive, sacred Tamanoi blend, a secret of Tahitian women for centuries. The wildcrafted Tamanu nut helps skin soothe and heal itself, while Monoi oil provides unequaled moisture for thristy skin. Now you body may drink these ancient sources of healing and beauty as a daily ritual." The Coconut Vanille fragrance is simply heavenly and is a mixture of coconut and bamboo with White Iris and musk. This was my favorite fragrance of the line and still is, year after year.

The new fragrance this collection is called Island Mimosa and is what I decided to buy this time around since I am well stocked on Coconut Vanille. This fragrance is a mix of florals and tropical fruits and makes me long to go to the beach. This fragrance has a dominant mimosa floral note mixed with apricot nectar and guava for balance. I bought this in the wash and the lotion.

Both of these fragrances are offered in a body wash, body lotion, and a fragrance mist. The Coconut Vanille also comes in a body butter which is my overall favorite product from the whole line. The lotion is a lightweight texture in a pump bottle. The wash is on the thicker and creamier side but still creates a mountain of bubbles on my puff. I feel that this body wash formula is one of the best that Bath and Body Works has ever offered and I wish that it would be available all year round in more fragrances. The body butter is very thick and is recommended only for the driest of skins. My major disappointment this time around is the fragrance mist. I don't recall what this company offered in the 2009 collection but in the original line a higher quality EDT was offered. I sprayed myself with the fragrance mist in Island Mimosa and was very unimpressed with the lasting power. An EDT in Island Mimosa would have rocked my world, I will need to look for a fragrance from Comptoir Sud to match this line.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: