Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Gel

I feel like this winter is never ending. I no longer have my car dug out and the snow begins to melt a tiny bit when more snow is predicted in the weather forecast. And so far this winter, we have always gotten what they predict. It's a never ending cycle and all I want is spring and warm weather. My skin is dry and crabby and is making me crabby. A good moisturizer is needed right now.

Last winter, I received Clinique Moisture Surge when Macy*s was involved in a class action suit. Part of the settlement was that certain brands had to give a product for free to anyone who came into Macy*s on that day. The selection was pretty limited so I wasn't even going to go in when a coworker got back from lunch and showed me this face gel. This was already her favorite facial care product so she was very happy that she got a chance to get it for free. I decided that I would drop by after work and see what all products were left over. This was one of the few left so I decided to give it a shot over the heavier anti-aging serums.

Clinique describes the product as follows, "Enjoy rapid refreshment and a full 24 hours of soothing moisture with an addictive by-a-waterfall feel. Advanced hydration boosters and a new botanical blend hold skin's moisture in balance through stressful shifts in humidity, indoors and out." This product is a lightweight gel formula that is suitable for all but the most oily skin types. Also, since it is made to the same high standards as all Clinique skincare, it didn't irritate my sensitive skin and helped to reduce the appearance of redness in my cheek area.

Clinique states that this product can be used in two ways. The first is day and night as a traditional moisturizer and the second as a gel mask for intense hydration. I never used it as a mask but I was very happy with the twice daily usage. Clinique is correct in that the texture is addictive, it is soothing, calming and instantly hydrating. I was very unhappy when I finished this product. I feel like I used this product up much faster than I usually use up face creams, so I don't know if the packaging made it bigger and so I thought that it would last longer or what.

This is a face gel that I would recommend for normal to dry skin in the winter. Even though the texture is lighter than many other facial care products that I have used in the past, I do feel that it could become too heavy for proper usage in the summer months. This is good basic moisturizer, it is not formulated to reduce redness, reduce signs of aging, or help any other skin condition. However, you will get nice results from it and you will be more than pleased with it's non-oily feeling hydration.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: