Thursday, February 25, 2010

Philosophy Falling In Love

Philosophy Falling In Love is a fragrance that I have had for well over two years and have fallen in and out of love with several times. To illustrate my relationship with this fragrance, I have used about 25% of the bottle in less time than I used an entire bottle of Amazing Grace. There are times that I am in love with this fragrance and can use it every single day for a week or more than I go through a period in which I can't even smell it without getting a headache. It is very sweet and musky so it attracts both fans and haters with equal fervor.

Here is the fragrance description from the Philosophy website, "Falling In Love fragrance was created for one reason and one reason only...to make a woman smell and feel absolutely, positively, romantic, Falling In Love is a romantic fragrance that is worn by women, but loved by men and was created to give women a tool for helping balance their feminity with their sensuality." I found a list of the notes on the Sephora website. Here they are - vanilla, jasmine, lily of the valley, musk, and blackberry. The fragrance is very much on the sweet side and the vanilla note is very prominent. At one point, I thought that a cotton candy note would be in this fragrance with how sweet it smells. I think that it is the musk note that makes this fragrance so strong and induces the headache on some days. Also, I tend to get sick of berry notes very quickly so that is another issue I tend to have with the fragrance.

I bought this fragrance in both the EDT and the 3 in 1 about two and half years ago at Sephora. The EDT is the major target of my roller coaster realtionship with the fragrance, I can use the 3 in 1 every single day in the shower and never get overwhelmed with it. This fragrance is also offered in a lotion form but I have a feeling that it would not be worth it for me to purchase it for the above reasons surrounding the EDT. When I originally bought these products, a bar soap form of this fragrance was offered and I would love for that product to still be available.

I doubt that I will get this EDT used up anytime soon but I bet that I will use up the 3 in 1 and I would repurhcase that product. This fragrance can just get a bit too heavy on some days and induces a headache for me. And I'm not the only one, my mother is sensitive to many fragrances and this one totally kills her. I wish that the bar were still available, they were a beautiful pale lavender shade and would be lovely to set in a guest bathroom.

photo courtesy of Philosophy

No comments: