Monday, February 1, 2010

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Kiss N' Tell Collection

Victoria's Secret is mecca around Valentine's Day. It houses practically everything a lady needs for a fantastic Valentine's Day...for those who have a date/boyfriend/husband. For those of us who kinda try and forget that the holiday exists, it can be a huge slap in the face walking by the store in the mall. But if you go around all the pretty lingerie and items covered in hearts, you will find that they have released limited editions of their Beauty Rush products.

There are three fragrances that are being released. The first one is my favorite and is called Cupquake. It is a sweet, cakey cupcake scent that is very true to it's name. I really liked this one since I love cake anything. The second scent is called Berry Smooch. It is a sweet, candyish berry scent and I find it to be ok. I don't really like berry scents and their Juiced Berry I only like because it has a strong true berry note and nothing else clogging it up. The third scent is the one that I find the most interesing. It is called Cherry Bomb and is a pretty true cherry scent. I feel like I never see cherry scents in the mass market beauty products unless they are mixed with a pile of other notes. Of the three fragrances, Cherry Bomb may not have been my favorite but actually would be the one that I would be the most likely to purchase since I have a gap where cherry fragrances are concerned.

The three limited editions are all released in the following four products: Beauty Rush Double Mists, the 3 in 1s, the Body Glow Moisture Cream, and the Body Drink Lotion. I know that I will be purchasing none of the Double Mists since they are still continuing to produce the ones that have a oily feel on the skin. They must have wide appeal since Victoria's Secret continues to produce them and brings them out in the new fragrances but I personally cannot stand the feel on my skin. I love the 3 in 1s, this formula is just perfection and somehow is the right combination of cleansing but still not drying my skin out. There is not one fragrance that I wouldn't get in this formula. Between the two moisturizers, I would opt for the Moisture Cream since I need a bit of heavier hydration and prefer not to have to squeeze out the product as I do with the Body Drink lotion. However, as long as I get the 3 in 1s and one of the moisturizers, I won't sweat the details.

Victoria's Secret still may not be my favorite place to be around Valentine's Day. But having fun body products to buy makes it a bit easier for me to ignore the cooing women buying teddies to show off to their spouses.

photo courtesy of Victoria's Secret

No comments: