Monday, February 15, 2010

Essie Spring 2010 Collection - The Art of Spring

The newest collection from the nail polish company Essie is a group of pale and red shades that are named after periods in art history. I really loved the Holiday Collection from Essie so I am hoping that this one lives up to the high expectations that I have for them this Spring. There are six shades in this collection so let's check them all out without further ado.

The first shade is called Lilacism and is described as "elegant and enchanting, this satiny smooth lilac whispers springtime". This shade is a beautiful pale lilac cream and I already have fallen in love it.

The second new shade is called Neo Whimsical and is described as "flaunt your classic taste with this rose-plum hue". This shade is a deeper lilac with a rose tint. This shade is quite pretty and I want this too.

The third shade is named Pop Art Pink and it is described as "add a pop of romance with this sheer chiffon pink". This one appears to be a sheer creamy pale pink that should be along the lines of Ballet Slippers. I already own a bunch of polishes that look like this one but this one has still captured my heart and I want to get it too.

The fourth shade is named Red Nouveau and it is described as "the new must-have red is a fiery hot crimson that makes a true fashion statement". This one is a true cream red and would work eqaully well throughout all four seasons. This is another one that I want to get.

The fifth shade is called Tart Deco and it is described as "chic and modern, this dreamy coral is an artistic burst of color". This one if the brightest of the collection and it is a creamy coral. I don't like coral shades in general so this one doesn't appeal to me and is one that I doubt that I would be purchasing.

The last shade is named Van D'Go and it is described as "impressionist or not, this peachy keen shade leaves a vivid impact." The shade is a pale peach cream and is the other one in the collection that doesn't really appeal to me.

Also, Essie is offering sets with this collection. The first set that is offered is a set that contains four mini polishes of the new shades. Pop Art Pink, Lilacism, Tart Deco, and Red Nouveau are offered together in this set. The second set that is offered with the spring shades is a set that contains all six new shades in the full size bottles.

From this collection, I don't think that I will be getting any of the sets but I will be indulging in a few of the single bottles of polish. On top of my list is Lilacism, I am currently in love with this shade. Also, I will be picking up Neo Whimsical, Pop Art Pink, and Red Nouveau. I love this collection and these are some great offerings for spring.

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: