Friday, February 19, 2010

MOP Glisten Shampoo and Conditioner

I feel like haven't used MOP hair products in ages. I have been running through my stash of them quite quickly and haven't been able to replace my used up items since Bath and Body Works is no longer carrying this brand. Today we are going to look at the shampoo and conditioner that are offered in the Glisten line. The shampoo is my favorite from this MOP, the conditioner not so much. I initally received the shampoo from the MOP vendor at Bath and Body Works and liked it so much that soon after I bought myself the conditioner to match hoping that it would boost the effect of the shampoo.

MOP recommends the products for fine hair that needs volume. However, I do not agreed with that recommendation since the products worked very well on my thick, dry hair. "Glisten Shampoo gently cleanses while bathing hair in the freshness of Vitamin C infused orange extract. Stressed out strands need extra help without the heft. Pure maple syrup and honey boost hair's body and shine while helping to repair damage. Certified organic linseed oil and whole wheat protein restore and protect while you bathe your hair in the freshness of Vitamin C infused orange extract." Three major active ingredients that are listed are maple syrup, honey, and avocado. The inclusion of maple syrup and honey in this product are why I can't fathom how well it would work for fine hair, these are very hydrating ingredients are great for hydrating and producing shine but will weigh finer hair down.

The conditioner is also recommended for fine hair that needs volume. "Glisten Conditioner enhances hair's body and shine with natural humectants like maple syrup and honey. Need a quick remedy for the stress of getting gorgeous? Help strengthen, restore, and protect hair with avocado and linseed oils. Honey serves as one of nature's most powerful humectants and works with jojoba oil to maximize moisture and fullness. Wheat protein helps repair chemical and environmental damage while pure maple syrup infuses hair with body and shine." My same thoughts on the active ingredients hold for the conditioner also.

Of the two products, the shampoo is by far my favorite. I get a rich creamy lather with it, it helps to hydrate my hair, and I can see the difference in how shiny the finished product is. Now the conditioner was a let down, I was expecting a product that would be even more hydrating than the shampoo. This conditioner's texture was too thin for my liking and didn't really do much to hydrate my hair or to add shine to it. Which is rather odd since normally a conditioner does this better than the matching shampoo.

Shampoo is great, it is highly recommended for purchase. The conditioner would be better to skip but the shampoo is great when paired with Phyto's PhytoSesame. They are an ideal combination for my hair.

photo courtesy of Modern Organic Products

No comments: